Still on my healthy cooking streak, I decided to make these delicious vegan lemon cookies.They only took seconds to whip up and about a minute before they were all gone. I used spelt flour which added texture to the cookies and paired it with coconut oil for an interesting flavor combination. They came out crispy on the outside and slightly chewy on the inside which reminded me of coconut macaroons, except you can eat these completely guilt-free!
Vegan Lemon Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, soda, salt, and zest.
- Pour in liquid ingredients.
- Stir together until well blended.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees F.