A slice of cheesecake never seems to disappoint anyone. I’ll enjoy pretty much any kind, but serve me one with a cinnamon crust and a rich and tasty filling and I’ll be smiling.This recipe actually made me do a little bit of a happy dance so I knew that it would for sure be a crowd pleaser at our family get-together. It is super rich and creamy with robust flavors and is pretty simple to make. I love the lemon zests in this recipe that gives it an extra aroma that matches the tanginess of the sour cream.Although easy to make, it does require a few hours to set. (about 5 hours and 45 minutes so make sure to plan ahead!) but the actual making part only takes about 25 minutes so it’s perfect if you’re busy in the kitchen. It also works very well without the blueberry topping so feel free to serve it without it!
- 2 cups finely ground graham crackers (about 30 squares)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pound cream cheese, 2 (8-ounce) blocks, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- Warm Lemon Blueberry Topping, recipe below
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a food processor, combine the ingredients until evenly moistened. Lightly coat the bottom and sides of an 8-inch spring form pan with butter.
- Pour the crumbs into the pan and, using the bottom of a measuring cup and press the crumbs down into the base and 1-inch up the sides. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on low speed for 1 minute until smooth and lump free. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and continue to beat slowly until combined. Gradually add sugar and beat until creamy, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla and mix until combined but not overbeaten. Pour the filling into the crust-lined pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 45 minutes. The cheesecake should still jiggle (it will firm up after chilling), so be careful not to overcook. Let cool in pan for 30 minutes. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours Unmold and transfer to a cake plate. Using a spatula spread a layer of Warm Lemon Blueberry topping over the surface.
- Slice the cheesecake with a thin, non-serrated knife that has been dipped in hot water. Wipe dry after each cut.
Warm Lemon Blueberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
In a small saucepan add all the ingredients and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes or so until the fruit begins to break down slightly. Leave to cool before spreading on cheesecake.